Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Time Using Scissors

Yesterday was craft day at our house and as I was getting together some craft supplies I found some chldren's size scissors that I used when I was little. I had not yet let Halina use scissors, so I thought I would let her try these out for the first time. She did great! She cut and cut and cut for about three hours straight! She told me she ws making a mountain. A mountain of tiny little peices of paper is what she did.

Halina and I made a scarecrow head together. She had so much fun glueing the pieces on and admiring her work as we went along. While we made the scarecrow head she kept asking, "what does a scarecrow do?". I told her they are for scaring big black birds called crows off of the corn crops. That seemed to satisfy her need to know. She then proceeded to take the scarecrow head outside. I went outside to ask her what she was doing. She told me she ws going to scare the bugs off our plants and the birds that came into our yard. She ran around the yard facing the head to each tree and shouting "boo." I had no idea how much fun the scarecrow head would be.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love that she's wearing a princess dress. That's so cute! You have a "craft day"? Is every day a different day or something? That's a good idea. I need to do something like that!