Monday, August 10, 2009

Backyard Beauties.

The girls and I have been spending a lot of time hanging out in the backyard while Landon has been planting trees, shrubs, and reviving our newly planted grass. It's amazing how much we are outside (even in the 100 degree weather) since having a backyard. Halina loves to play in the grass. Her imagination runs rampant when she gets to play in the backyard. She is constantly singing and pretending that she is Miriam and Elise is baby Moses.
Halina usually doesn't like me to take her photo, but once I start taking shots of Elise she is suddenly interested.
"Mom, please stop."
This picture cracks me up! I'm sure this is the same expression she'll be giving me when I try to take her picture as a teen.Landon has spent so much time in our back yard planting all sorts of things. It's amazing how much more interested in landscaping he is since he had begun this journey a few months ago. Charlie has really loved it too. He really enjoys rolling in the grass and hunting for lizards. Last year he caught 2 lizards, 1 mole and 1 bird. He almost caught a humming bird yesterday, but it was just a little too fast for him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That photo of Elise CRACKS me up!!!

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm glad to see you updated your blog! What cute girls. I think Elise is a great name, too. I'm glad you guys are are doing well!